We have an open position for an Assistant Buyer who can assist the Head Buyer with scheduling, reordering, upcs, vendor compliance, tagging, creating new item codes and purchase orders. The ideal candidate is skilled at negotiating with suppliers and building long-term relationships–can work independently–quickly prioritize job duties.
• Gathers the detailed information regarding product specifications, quantities, and delivery from suppliers to create purchase orders
• Works collaboratively with Buyer to place orders for specified material
• Expedites open purchase orders and tracks order status with suppliers
• Creates part numbers for new inventory items
• Provides order status and paperwork for receiving
• Coordinates with Buyer and Accounts Payable to research vendor invoices, inventory counts, issues or problems
• Communicates expected delivery dates to receiving and any changes that may occur outside of planned date
• Schedules appointments for deliveries, tracks and confirms delivery schedules, communicates delivery schedules to Buyer and Receiving
• Communicates paperwork requirements for deliveries as part of Vendor Compliance Program
• Works with Inventory Department as necessary to carry out other tasks
• Demonstrates basic math skills
• Proficiency with computer systems (Microsoft Excel)
• Experience related to purchasing/buying
• Familiarity with the use of Uniform Product Code (UPC)
• Experience related to administrative support
• Ability to learn and follow company procedures
Use our online application
or submit your resume to:
Cavicchio Greenhouses, Inc.
110 Codjer Lane,
Sudbury, MA 01776
Cavicchio Greenhouses, Inc. offers competitive pay, a complete benefits package upon eligibility including insurance, paid time off, retirement savings and an opportunity to work with a great group of people.
Thank you in advance for your interest in this role. Due to the volume of candidates, only those requested to interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer