As New England’s largest distributor and grower of annuals and perennials – operating ten acres of state-of-the-art greenhouse space year round, we are looking for an experienced Assistant Head Grower with leadership and mentoring qualities to join our dynamic team. This role requires horticultural experience, pest and fertilizer knowledge and a passion for producing top-end product.
• Assists Head Grower by providing support and supervision for the Section Growers in performing daily tasks such as watering, fertilizing, growth regulation and pest management
• Reports problems and issues to head grower to help resolve issues
• Troubleshoots greenhouse environmental control and irrigation systems and reaches out to Head Grower or maintenance staff when necessary
• Reviews priorities and provides information for Section Growers to set their individual work
• B.S. in Horticulture or equivalent
• At least three years of annual or perennial greenhouse production experience in a production environment
• Knowledge of chemical and biological pest and disease control
• Knowledge of greenhouse equipment and operations
• Demonstrated knowledge of Greenhouse environmental controls
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus
Use our online application or
submit your resume to:
Cavicchio Greenhouses, Inc.
110 Codjer Lane,
Sudbury, MA 01776
Cavicchio Greenhouses, Inc. offers competitive pay, a complete benefits package upon eligibility including insurance, paid time off, retirement savings and an opportunity to work with a great group of people.
Thank you in advance for your interest in this role. Due to the volume of candidates, only those requested to interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer