Open position for an experienced buyer for annuals, perennials and/or nursery stock with a minimum of 3-5 years of direct wholesale purchasing (horticulture business a plus).
This position is responsible for planning, purchasing and ensuring availability of products – working to expand the business and business relationships by exploring new suppliers both domestic and international – staying up-to-date of trends and industry standards. Continually building new relationships and expanding upon the many great relationships we have with our current vendors and suppliers.
• Works with sales to understand customer needs for the upcoming seasons
• Searches for suppliers for existing or new products
• Negotiates prices and delivery dates to ensure sales can fulfill customer orders
• Creates ideas for new product offerings sales to sell to our customers
• Ability to identify and buy plant material related to company sales and growth
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Ability to create and maintain excellent vendor relationships
• Experience related to purchasing/buying
• Ability to learn and follow company procedures
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to write clearly and converse with suppliers
• Tech skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office (SAGE a plus)
Use our online application
or submit your resume to:
Cavicchio Greenhouses, Inc.
110 Codjer Lane,
Sudbury, MA 01776
Cavicchio Greenhouses, Inc. offers competitive pay, a complete benefits package upon eligibility including insurance, paid time off, retirement savings and an opportunity to work with a great group of people.
Thank you in advance for your interest in this role. Due to the volume of candidates, only those requested to interview will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer